Following their previews earlier in the week, Supercritical Simulations Group (SSG) has released their second aircraft in their Embraer Evolution series, the E195! The largest variant of the twin engine regional jets, the E195 (as well as the rest of the E-Jet family) is flown by most major carriers across the globe. The new E195 Evolution follows on the company's earlier release of their Embraer 170 Evolution, and in fact the two can now be purchased together for $64.95 (as opposed to $49.95 for just the E195). The new E195 has a lengthy features list (below) including a custom FMS and navigation systems, realistic PFD/MFD/EICAS screens, custom engine sounds, multiple documents including a QRH, and much more. The aircraft can be picked up now from the X-Plane.org store now for $49.95 (or $64.95 for the E195/E170 bundle).
Advanced FMS and Navigation system
- Custom-built FMS (done by FJCC) designed for the SSG Evolution Series
- SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches, flare and rollout modes.
- FMS is compatible with Navigraph navigation databases.
- Manufacturer's performance data embedded as tables in the fully functional FMS.
- Option to use either a 2D pop-up (resizable) MCDU or one within the 3D cockpit.
- Radio communication audio consoles optimized for on-line virtual ATC operations.
- FMS performance information based on real aircraft data, including V-speeds.
- FMS includes capability for autotuning navaid frequencies.
- Vertical Situation Display (VSD) on the MFD, Unique in XP.
- Terrain display mode on the MFD, which is a part of the Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) on the real aircraft.
High-Res 3D modeling complete with detailed animations and textures
- Realistic displays (PFD, MFD with system synoptics, and EICAS)
- External lights and strobes operating realistically, with dynamic lighting in the scenery.
- Display management similar to that in the real aircraft.
- Autobrakes with anti-skid system that works in all conditions and includes a realistic rejected takeoff mode.
- Realistic wing flex and other animations.
- Window rain effects and animated wipers.
- Option menu incorporated into the 3D cockpit.
- Ground vehicles include a tow truck, GPU and airstairs.
- Over 10 detailed liveries come with the package.
Custom systems and Flight Model
- Aircraft will meet most of the real aircraft's performance data for consumption, AOA, speeds, flight dynamics, etc. in close consultation with real world E-Jet pilots.
- Realistic 3D cockpit with high resolution.
- Many systems are implemented with realistic logic, such as electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engine fire extinguishing, fuel, wing and engine anti-ice (including automatic mode), communications, and TCAS.
- Comprehensive autopilot functioning in modes similar to those of the real aircraft
- First Officer's MFD display is independent from the Captain's.
- EICAS messages based on the real aircraft's with lists and scrolling
DreamEngine Sound System
- 3D sounds with DreamEngine plugin.
Comes with a comprehensive documentation
- Airplane Operations Manual (AOM)
- Quick Start Guide (QSG)
- Quick Reference Handbook (QRH) to permit easy reference to data for FMS entries and other necessary data