The folks over at ORBX have announced on their forums that their next airport will be Chester, CT (KSNC). The small, general aviation airport is situated just a few miles away from Grotton New London (GON) and Tweed-New Haven (HVN), two towered class D airports. KSNC has a single 2,700 ft runway, perfect for that Cherokee or Skyhawk, and a great destination for some general aviation in the New England area. The airport is also just a short hop from Block Island (BID), another one of ORBX' sceneries.
As usual with ORBX, the scenery includes top notch realism and visuals. A number of screenshots have already been posted from within the sim, so the scenery cannot be too far out. As well, Matteo announced that the scenery will feature many of the things that make the real airport neat, including some below-sea-level elevation and the sloped runway (created in all versions of P3D and FSX). The full feature list, as well as additional information about this release, can be found on the ORBX simulations forum post.
- Carefully reproduction of Chester Aiport (KSNC) with sloped runway, apron and buildings.
- Realistic night illumination of the runway and apron.
- Dynamic lights (P3DV4 only).
- Realistic specular map over the entire runway and apron ( FSX and P3D ).
- Orbx objectflow controlled, which change the colours of the trees, terrain, buildings etc.. due to season.
- Volumetric grass with different colour for every season.
- Different colours of the terrain for every season.
- Snow covers airport runway, apron and buildings during hard winter season with unique specular effect.
- 3D rocks ( deactivable ) on the runway hill.
- Animated trees.
- Smoke from the terminal chimney's.
- Animated peoples.
- animated flag with different speed and angle due to wind.
- animated windsocks with different speed and angle due to wind.
- animated insects .
- Maining POI's of the zone, example: Essex''s station with trains and Luna park .
- Blended extremely well with sourrounding.
- Custom mesh of the zone.